I’d like to introduce you to a WordPress plugin that posts comments from your blogs visitors directly to Twitter.
CommenTwitter is the brain child of Jonathon Bishop, the Internet Marketing Specialist at Magicomm, LLC in Amesbury, MA.
- Features Of the plugin include:
- Ajax “Send To Twitter” interface integrates seamlessly
- Commenters can Tweet their comments
- Links back to comments are shortened with cli.gs
- Can be tracked by adding an API key
- Blog author can Tweet all new comments
- A prefix can be added to the tweet
When replying to comments lately, I’ve also made a point of including the commenter’s Twitter user name in my reply.
This is an idea that may give them added exposure, as well as perhaps giving others an added incentive to leave comments on the blog.
I make a point of not replying to all comments at once though, simply because I don’t wish to flood the timelines of other users.
While I realize that other worpress plugins such as Disqus do a similar job, I like the fact that CommenTwitter allows me to retain control over comments on my site.
If you try this plugin, and like it, I’d encourage you to leave a donation via Paypal so that Jon can continue his excellent development work!
Please Note: This is not a paid blog post, and I have no affiliation with the author other than using his program and following him on Twitter!
Do you have a program or plugin that you’d like reviewed? Contact me!